As we saw in the past, there are many more rules, laws, conventions are made for protecting the environment but there is no effective implementation . For this implementation youth play a vital role. Young people constitute a large part of the world’s population and young people will have to live longer with the consequences of current environmental decisions than will their elders. Future generations will also be affected by these decisions and the extent to which they have addressed concerns such as the depletion of resources, biodiversity loss, and long-lived radioactive wastes.
Young people can play an active role in protecting and improving the environment. They can change their lifestyle and how it affects the environment. They can make their homes, schools and youth organizations more environmentally friendly by adopting environmentally friendly practices, recycling of different materials as well as preserving resources such as water and electricity. Engaging youth in environmental protection not only creates direct impact on changing youth behaviors and attitudes, but possibly influence their parents, relatives and families.
Youth are back bone of the nation. They can change the future of the society with their well being and courageous behavior. Unfortunately today we find the youth those who are more interested in other places which are not useful to them as well as nationally. They choose to spend their days doing drugs and playing video games. They spend their nights partying and living it up, so to speak. More and more young men of this age group are sitting at home in front of their televisions playing games all day instead of bettering themselves or going to work. They have no vision and if they do have dreams they do not have the drive to make any attempt at achieving them.
The environment is simply defined as our surrounding, including both living and non-living things and youth are the young people. Environmental protection is a broad subject Environmental problems are rising day by day and everyone is concerned about global warming and climate change as globally but local and national environmental problems are less concerned. Protecting the environment starts with pollution control therefore, youth can help reduce waste by paying attention to minor details in their daily lives, for example, not to take extra plastic bags when we go shopping. Actually there are many other tips for greener environment.
By applying the greening knowledge at home and schools, we can help to market city, a greener city. Discarding computers, electrical appliances and rechargeable batteries can seriously harm the environment. Youth role is to implement recycling programs for used computers and electrical appliances. You can arrange for collection services with them. There are also many collection points for recycling of rechargeable batteries, so do not simply throw them away. Youth have a role to play in environmental and conservation efforts that will improve livelihoods.
Going Green In House
.1. Close the running tap water, when not needed.
2. Use the dishwasher, when the dishes are full. Try to avoid using it more often i.e. for each single plate.
3. Try to be cautious in using water. Turn off taps when not used. By this way, it is estimated every home can save more than a gallon of water, which is very high when combined in a local.
4. Turning off Lights and saving electricity as much as possible is also a way to go green. During the daytime, it is good to open windows and screens to let sunlight in and fill house with warmth. After all, sunlight is essential for body in the form of vitamin A.
5. The local power company would be able to provide a free presentation on how to make the home a better energy efficient home.
Going Green with Recycling and Reusing
1. Giving away unwanted or unusable materials to free service organizations is a better way to start going green.
2. Reusing the furniture would save some extra money spent on newer furniture. For example, one can remodel a table by adding sheets of wood to it and create his own wardrobe.
3. Recycling paper, plastics, glass and metals could also be done by making use of the local trash pickup service.
4. Instead of simply throwing older items, one can use his creativity in creating the essence out of them. For example, the older screen cloth could be stitched with flat sheets and made as curtains or cloth piece covering the shades of the lamp. They are easy and cheap in terms of interior decorating materials.
5. Choosing reusable water bottles in comparison with plastic bottles every month is a nice way to avoid using plastics and reusing the water bottles. They may be expensive at the beginning, but once getting used to it, they would prove worthy providing health and hygiene besides going green.
Going Green with Transport
1. Carpooling or vehicle pooling is the best way to save environment from three or four times the pollution. Carpooling can be done with friends, neighbors, or relatives working in the same direction as yours, not necessarily the same company.
2. Maintaining the vehicle regularly and providing it for service near a service station would help minimize its pollution output.
3. Many companies have started offering the plan ‘Work while you are at home’. Enjoying this benefit not only saves green, but also enables one to spend quality time together in a family and allowing to save costs of travelling and fuel.
These are some of the going green tips. Following them will give a healthy and wealthy life.
I hope these going green tips are useful to you and that they will help you to make your life better
What is it?
Environment includes physical aspects like air, water, and soil as well as social and economic conditions under which we live. The environment surrounds all living beings including people. Mans ill health is always affected by the environmental factors such as air pollution, soil pollution ,poor sanitary conditions and biological factors like germs, insects, rodents and animals.
According to Webster dictionary Environment is defined as; the complex of physical, chemical, and biotic factors (as climate, soil, and living things) that act upon an organism or an ecological community and ultimately determine its form and survival
A healthy environment is required to obtain a good health. Quality of life can be maintained if we are healthy. Only the man is responsible to maintain the ecological balance. We should maintain the quality of various aspects of the environment such as air, water and land. If one of them is destroyed other is affected. Read the rest of this entry